SILKY SMOOTH FLIGHT. BALANCED AND RESPONSIVE. LOCKED-IN PRECISION.
Great things take time, but the latest from Prism Kites is worth the wait. The special edition Synthesis SE made quite a splash last season but there were only 30 pilots lucky enough to get one. We’ve been hard at work refining the feedback and details to offer a production version that’s as spectacular to look at as it is to fly.
From a radical new wing shape concept to a crash-resistant floating CT, new molded APA fittings, and a new way to precisely adjust your bridle. There’s a lot more to sport kite design than meets the eye, and we went way down the rabbit hole refining the tiniest details to produce an innovative and beautiful sport kite.
The innovative faceted leading edge shape with a 6 degree bend at the ferrules gives it extra drive and precision in the air. On the ground the straight leading edge sections can flex farther than a pre-bent cambered wing, so you can flex them farther without breakage.
The sail is carefully laid up by hand from ultralight 1/2 oz ripstop polyester, low stretch Mylar laminate, and aerospace-tough reinforcement materials. It’s framed in Dynamic DT15 wrapped, tapered carbon spreaders and 6mm pultruded carbon tubes with internal reinforcements at all stress points. The tapered carbon spreaders put stiffness in the middle of the kite where you want it and minimize weight towards the wingtips for quick response. The 6mm pultruded carbon tubes outperform wrapped tubes in a mishap and are more affordable to replace if you ever crash hard enough to break one.
|Skill Level||Intermediate to Expert|
|Sail Area||.94 sq m.|
|Sail Loading||342 grams/sq. m.|
|Wind Range||6.5-29 kph|
|Frame||Dynamic DT15 wrapped tapered lower spreaders, 6mm pultruded carbon leading edges and spine, 5.3 mm carbon upper spreader, 3 mm carbon standoffs|
|Sail Materials||.75 mil mylar laminate, .5 oz ripstop polyester|
|Bridle||Stitched 1.3 mm Dyneema core with polyester over braid|
|Package||Kite Only - does not include Flying Lines|
- Faceted leading edge with 6-degree ferrule bend combines the advantages of both high and low-aspect-ratio wings to add lift and precision.
- More durable because the leading edge rods are kept straight, not pre-bent like traditional cambered wings.
- Floating center-t provides a flexible spine connection to absorb shock and reduce spine breakage.
- Adjustable bridle inhauls at center-t lets you fine-tune turn radius and control response.
- New APA leading edge connector fittings reduce weight, make assembly easier, and capture the bridle legs so fittings can’t get lost in the grass.
- Adjustable standoffs allow precise control over wing twist to add or reduce lift when the wind changes.
- Low-stretch Mylar laminate leading edge panels control the wing’s airfoil profile to make stalls easier to initiate and hold.
- Lightweight 1/2 oz ripstop polyester sailcloth minimizes weight and won’t stretch and absorb moisture on humid days.
- Dynamic DT15 wrapped, tapered carbon lower spreaders put stiffness in the middle of the kite where you want it for performance and minimize weight towards the wingtips for quick response.
- 6mm pultruded carbon leading edges and spine are tougher than wrapped tubes in a mishap and more affordable to replace if you ever need to.
- Vectran reinforced nose won’t punch or wear through from abrasion.
- Lightweight full-length sleeve won’t add bulk to your kite bag, snaps to half length, and includes a pocket for the upper spreader so it doesn’t get lost.
Great Canadian Kite Company is an Authorized Prism Kite Dealer.