Shipping and Taxes
The Great Canadian Kite Company ships via Canada Post Expedited or Xpress Post (select courier option at check out). Canada Post is an efficient, cost effective, safe way to ship your order. We insure every shipment and send you a tracking number when available.
NOTE: In the event of a Canada Post labour disruption we can ship your order via FED-EX, Purolator or other courier service.
We offer f shipping options depending upon oursize of the product being shipped and the value of your order.
- Envelope - Subject to $5 minimum with no tracking number.
- Standard - You can expect 5-8 business days depending on your location
- Express - You can expect approximately 3 business day depending on location
- Free Shipping on orders over $200 with a shipping length less than 100cm. Oversized are subject to a $10 over-sized fee
We are also happy to use your preferred courier! Email us to arrange it!
- We typically ship from stock inventory. In stock items usually ship the next business day from our warehouse.
- On occasion, items may be back ordered (they are enroute to us) and we will ship items as soon as available. You will be notified if item is on back order.
- Some items may be shipped from the manufacturer to you directly. These shipments may be subject to sales tax upon delivery (GST, PST or HST) depending upon your province and the shopper (you) are solely responsible for any sales taxes and/or other taxes that may apply. It is for this reason we don't charge you sales tax at time of checkout on this kind of shipment. There are no import duties on most kites, however, some traction kites may be subject to a 7.5% duty and may be payable upon delivery.
Shipping Costs for kites have a lot more to do with length than weight. Our shipping prices reflect this cost. Kites over 100cm in shipping length are assessed a $10 over-sized fees by the Carrier. Our minimum shipping charge is $5.
US Customers: Please ensure that you include your valid phone number at time of Check out. US Customs requires that we provide the Purchasers Contact Phone number. We cannot ship your order without a valid phone number.
Tracking your Kite: You will be emailed a tracking number and link to track your packages where abouts.
Our store will automatically charge and withhold the applicable sales tax for orders to be delivered to addresses within Alberta, where Great Canadian Kite Company is based. For orders shipped to other provinces / states, you (the shopper) are solely responsible for any sales taxes and/or other taxes that may apply.
Note: if item is shipped directly from the manufacturer, you may be required to pay applicable sales tax (varied by province) upon delivery.
US and other countries will not be charged GST.