The ultimate choice for new pilots and our most popular sport kite, the Quantum’s impressive 7-foot wingspan is full-sized for serious pull and excitement in a wide wind range. Carefully engineered to make learning a snap, the Quantum’s wide wind range, adjustable bridle, and light but tough carbon frame make it the kite you can learn on easily but never outgrow.
The innovative shock absorber in the tail and Kevlar-reinforced nose are designed to protect your kite from those unplanned landings. Once you’ve mastered the basics, a simple bridle adjustment will tune the kite for tighter turns, stronger pull, and sporty control response. Built with the same precision and attention to detail as our top-end competition kites, the Quantum has hooked more people on sport kites than any other and it’s our first recommendation to anyone getting into the sport.
- Wing Span: 213 cm
- Wind Range: 5 – 40 kmh
- Frame: Pultruded Graphite
- Sail: Ripstop Nylon, Mylar Laminate
- Flying Lines: 85′ × 150 lbs Spectra™ (Included)
- Crash protection for new pilots - Innovative shock absorber in the tail and Kevlar-reinforced nose are designed to protect your kite from those unplanned landings.
- Advanced tuning - A special bridle feature allows you to adjust the kite’s responsiveness for your skill level. Start flying with the forgiving setting. For new pilots this provides easier control and wider turns. As your skills advance, switch to the radical setting for snappy cornering, stronger pull, and more advanced tricks.
- Adjustable bridle - The bridle geometry is easy to fine tune for light to strong winds. It’s not necessary to move your bridle from the factory setting, but doing so will let you fly in an even wider wind range. Simply slide the friction knots toward the “light wind” setting for lighter breezes or towards the “strong wind” setting for windy days. Limit points on the bridle will keep you from over-tuning the kite out of flying range.
- Two-piece leading edge and spreaders - Lets you fold the kite down to 36" to fit in a suitcase or backpack.
- Custom molded leading edge connectors - Engineered to flex with the leading edge, these special ferrules prevent breakage at the stress point.
- Color-coded line attachment clips - Make it quick and easy to hook up your lines, no knots required.
Great Canadian Kite Company is an Authorized Prism Kite Dealer.